Yesterday, April 12, players of Tom Clancy’s The Division got their hands on the first major update to the game since its release. Titled “Incursions”, this content update is intended to keep players engaged after the main storyline is completed. Incursions is the first of two free updates that will be available for all players on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC. Here is a breakdown of the major key points in this new patch.
- New Incursion – Falcon Lost: Located in the Stuyvesant area, this mission was specifically developed for squad play. Players must be level 30 and have completed the mission “General Assembly”. Players with high level gear will team up with the Joint Task Force in an epic fight against the Last Man Battalion and their devastating new weapon.
- Dark Zone Supply Drops: Players will need to keep their eyes on their maps for air supply drops in the Dark Zone from Division command. These global events will happen a few times a day and will contain non-contaminated gear that’s ready to use and won’t require extraction. Be warned however — enemies are also looking to pick up these packages from the Dark Zone as well. Players should expect heavy resistance.
- Assignments: Assignments can be obtained automatically when players log in to Tom Clancy’s The Division. These assignments will only be available for either 24 hours or 7 days before being replaced with new ones. Agents can tackle these alone or with other players. Assignments will come in different categories: Combat, Crafting and Dark Zone.
- Trading: The community spoke up and Ubisoft listened. Finally, trading is available in The Division. Loot trading has been added to allow players to share items within the same group by simply dropping them from their inventory. There are a two rules to trading that players must remember:
- Players can only share loot with other players in the same group during the time when the item was originally dropped.
- Players only have 2 hours to trade items once the item has been added to their inventory.
- Gear Score: Players now can gauge where a fellow agent’s gear is at with this new feature. Every non-vanity piece of gear a player has at level 30 will have Gear Score value attached to it. The higher the Gear Score the stronger the item. The over all gear score of other players will be displayed next to their health bars.
- Gear Sets: Speaking of gear, players can now earn new gear sets. Gear Sets are equipment that give stat bonuses and special talents upon completion. Each set has a different Gear Score and enhanced abilities. The new sets are:
- “Tactician’s Authority” – enhances electronics and support capabilities
- “Striker’s Battlegear” – provide bonuses for assault capabilities
- “Sentry’s Call” – enhances marksman capabilities
- “Path of the Nomad” – provides bonuses for lone wanderers
Group Spectator Camera: The Group Spectator Cam lets fallen agents spectate members of their group while waiting to be revived. Players can toggle the cam by using RB/LB, R1/L1 or Q/E keys to switch between players.
With a plethora of bug fixes and item changes, these are all the major things you need to know about the Incursions update for Tom Clancy’s The Division. For all the changes and updates, please visit the Ubisoft Dev blog.